Monday, August 8, 2011

Abstract Data Types in Yii's Database Query Builder

I've been making use of Yii's database migration feature a lot, lately. I'm refactoring some things in my app, so I frequently have had to add columns. You can specify the explicit column type, or you can use the abstract types provided by Yii. I tend to use the abstract types, since it makes my life easier. (If you want greater control, you'll need to state them explicitly.) I won't go into detail about CDbMigration in this article. I'll save it for a later time. But I wanted to include the link to the abstract data types explanation in the Yii Class Reference, because I use it a lot, right now, and I keep having to remember where it is! So, here you go.

Abstract Data Types Used in Yii's Query Builder

P.S. If you want some help getting started with Yii's database migration feature, here's a great introduction by Dana Luther on her blog, Adventures in Programming:

Yii 1.1.6 and the beauty of yiic migrate

No comments:

Post a Comment